About the project funds
Funds are available for limited activities through the Project Funds for North America.
The project funds are provided through the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research’s North America Strategy for Higher Education Cooperation (2012-2015).
The Strategy includes a goal of connecting collaboration in higher education between Norwegian and North American institutions to enterprises in the public and private sectors. This call is directed towards encouraging such collaboration, and all applications must include this perspective. Please see the Call for applications 2015 and Guidelines for Project Funds 2015 for North America for details about the call.
A total of 2,4 million Norwegian kroner (NOK) will be granted to Norwegian institutions of higher education for the project period from January 2016 until August 2017.
The aims of the project funds are:
- To contribute to the development of institutional partnerships through academic collaboration between higher education institutions in Norway and North America
- To promote higher education cooperation with the US and Canada related to collaboration with or involvement of enterprises in the public and private sectors
- To contribute to increased mobility of students and staff between Norway and North America.
Higher education collaboration that includes collaboration with or involvement from enterprises in the public and private sectors is the focus and priority of the call.
Who may apply?
The application must be submitted by an accredited Norwegian higher education institution. Public and private institutions may apply. Eligible partner countries are the US and Canada. Projects may apply for funding up to NOK 200 000.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted through SIU’s online application database, Espresso. The Norwegian project coordinator must create the application in Espresso.
In addition to the online application, the two following documents must be submitted to SIU:
- A letter of commitment from the main partner institution in the US/Canada, confirming interest in the proposed collaboration project. The letter can be uploaded in Espresso and submitted along witht the application. Letters of commitment from network partners are not required.
- A letter of commitment from the enterpise(s) from the public or private sector that are involved in the project.
The deadline for the 2015 call for applications is September 23, 2015 at 15:00 Norwegian time (CET).
An answer on the applications will be announced in november 2015.
Årets CBIE-konferanse (Canadian Bureau for International Education) blir arrangert i Niagara Falls. SIU og norske høyere utdanningsinstitusjoner deltar med norsk stand, frokost og en sesjon om mobilitet. Konferansen finner sted 22.-25. november på Hilton Hotel & Suites Niagara Falls/Fallsview.Read more about this event