SIU is a knowledge- and service organisation with the mission of promoting and facilitating cooperation, standardisation, mobility, and the overcoming of cultural barriers to communication and exchange within the realm of education on an international level. The centre is charged with the important task of coordinating national measures according to official Norwegian policy within the field of internationalisation.
Norway’s official agency
The centre is Norway’s official agency for international programmes and measures related to education. It is commissioned by several national and international public organisations to administer programmes at all levels of education.
In addition to programme administration, SIU is responsible for promoting Norway as a cooperation and study destination, as well as providing information and advisory services within the field of internationalisation in education.
SIU is funded through assignments from:
- The Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research (KD)
- The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (UD)
- The Nordic Council of Ministers
- The Commission of the European Community
- Norwegian Directorate for Education and Training
The official name of SIU in other languages:
- Norwegian: Senter for internasjonalisering av utdanning (SIU)
You can read more about SIU on our Norwegian website.